- McCain/Palin backers in Ohio claim to fear that if Obama/Biden win “the Blacks will take over,” and “Obama is related to a terrorist,” and “lots of people forget 9/11.” (WARNING: Video includes an instance of the N word.)
- Who’s an “elitist,” and who’s a “plumber” and other “salt of the earth” occupations — quarter-millionaires? You do the math!
- GOP bigwig threatens Obamas’ lives via mass email. I wonder if the Secret Service is following up on these things?
- McCain calls NYC and DC residents “out-of-touch elites”!!! Between them probably more “plumbers” than many whole States!
- Florida once again highlights election farce. Especially this memorable line from Palm Beach’s election head: “‘The accuracy that the public in this country demands in elections does not exist,’ said Judge Barry Cohen, head of Palm Beach County’s canvassing board.” What’s so difficult: I cast my vote for a candidate, you count it. It isn’t quantum physics! If anybody invents an election method that complicates THAT, we must question their agenda — which of course they have, many times over!!! We really need to go back to simple hand-marked paper ballots, hand-counted in public right at the polling place, like most of the voting world.
- Young Texas woman made up story of assault by a Black man in Pittsburgh who didn’t like her pro-McCain bumpersticker. It’s like a reverse Twana Brawley case! Meanwhile, did you hear about the Obama worker actually slashed and abused by a McCain supporter back in August, ’cause I sure didn’t!
- Palin meltdown: Said to be “going rogue,” which must be pretty bad given what we’ve seen from that campaign!!! Meanwhile, appearance of impropriety between Palin and that celebrated natural gas pipeline in Alaska; “that’s not a maverick, that’s a sidekick!” Stuff like this makes me wonder if this ticket isn’t just being offered up as a sacrificial lamb, and the GOP is just phoning it in for this election cycle, realizing that W. and cronies have got them in it up to their eyeballs. Why else would McCain forego all that rich Republican / corporate campaign cash, and be out-fundraised and outspent by a Black Democrat and all his small donors?!?!?! (Try as the MSM might to get McCain elected anyway…) Why would he just keep hammering the same tired slurs instead of campaigning imaginatively, creatively, with initiative? He’s even running against the ’60s and the ’40s?!!!
- “Spread the wealth around”? If Repugs were really against redistribution of wealth, they’d support labor unions, welfare, monetary reform, and all other kinds of things. ‘Cause right now we’re redistributing it from the lower classes to the rich and corporations, and foreign investors and offshored workers!!!!!
- One of their ads claims under Obama’s healthcare plan “bureaucrats will decide” what we get and when. This only shows how out of touch they are — and McCain, since he “approved this message” — because unless one gets his/her healthcare on a cash-and-carry basis, BUREAUCRATS ARE ALREADY DECIDING ON OUR HEALTHCARE!!!!! HMO and insurance company bean-counters who are paid to NOT pay for US!!!!! And if you’re on Medicaid or Medicare, also government bureaucrats, legislators, governors, President, corporate lobbyists, etc etc etc. This is the problem with what Orthodox Christian Holy Tradition alludes to as Mercenary medicine, ie, profiteering — profiting from people’s illness, injuries, bad luck, victimization, etc. What a sin.